cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How can I preview my notes in my PowerPoint slides that I've shared?

How can I preview my notes in my PowerPoint slides that I've shared?

madgejdresser
New member | Level 2

Hello

I've just shared a powerpoint with colleagues for them to upload onto a computer when I'm doing a talk in two days-but it seems that only the slides themselves are sent and I can't access the notes page.

How can I share the powerpoint and enable the notes pages to be read by me when I've giving the talk?

Thanks

Madge

7 Replies 7

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Hey there, Madge! 

Could you please clarify a bit when you mention: 

@madgejdresser wrote:

How can I share the powerpoint and enable the notes pages to be read by me

Are these by any chance comments that you’ve added within the slides, are the notes at the bottom of the slides when editing them? 

Any additional info and screenshots (omitting personal info) that could illustrate your query would also be very helpful. 

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

troy56
Helpful | Level 6

following your post

_QSD
New member | Level 2

Hi Madge,

This article might help:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Add-speaker-notes-to-your-slides-26985155-35F5-45BA-812B-E1...

It states:

"Currently you must use a desktop version of PowerPoint to see speaker notes while you're presenting."

If, instead you are wanting to see the speaker notes at all, when looking at the powerpoint in Dropbox, I would also love to know how to do this.

_QSD
New member | Level 2

Hi Lusil,

The notes pages in Powerpoint are also known as "presenter notes" or "speaker notes". They enable text to be attached to the slides. This text is not visible on the slide, but can be seen by the presenter when presenting, or can accompany a printout of the slides when creating a pdf.

If Dropbox is capable of showing speaker notes, in any way, for Powerpoint slides, can you please let the community know how that is done?

If Dropbox is not capable of showing speaker notes, please admit that clearly in your response.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Hey @_QSD, you can sync the notes throughout your account, and you should be able to preview and present them within the PowerPoint app itself. 

I hope this helps clarify matters!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

crichiso
New member | Level 2
  1. Upload the PowerPoint to Dropbox.
  2. Open the side bar by clicking on the icon in the upper left.
  3. From the Open drop-down menu, select PowerPoint for the web.
  4. You will then see the option to display notes as you normally would when working in PowerPoint.

eltimbalino
New member | Level 2

Thanks, this works. 

I don't know if Powerpoint for Web via Dropbox is new, but the last time I tried to view notes directly on the web version of Powerpoint in Office 360, Notes weren't available. 

Thanks very much for letting me know this. It makes a big difference in my workflow.

Need more support?