cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My shared file no longer opens; I keep getting an error that it doesn't work.

My shared file no longer opens; I keep getting an error that it doesn't work.

IanLang
New member | Level 2

Attempting to open a file sent to me by the company ¨Happy viking¨ of my English text book and it worked up until today where i attempted to open it and it did not open, stating there has been an error and there is a photo of some dog and a bowl. not sure what to do, have contacted the site i bought it from but they haven't responded yet, and since i cant contact dropbox support because im not paying for that just not sure what to do.

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@IanLang wrote:

Attempting to open a file sent to me by the company ¨Happy viking¨ ...  stating there has been an error and there is a photo of some dog and a bowl.

If this is a link to a file that you purchased, rather than to a file in your own account, you'll need to wait for a response from the site you bought it from. They may have removed the link or deleted the file that it pointed to. Regardless of the issue, they'll need to supply you with a new link to the file.

In the future, be sure to download any files that you purchase and save them on your computer or within your own Dropbox account. A file delivered through any cloud service is not guaranteed to be accessible forever. Most companies would expect you to save your purchased files to your own device.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?