cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embed Video Into Webpage

Embed Video Into Webpage

Pat Sheehan
Explorer | Level 4

Is the last few years of embedding Dropbox videos into a web page a thing of the past? Was there a recent update - maybe within the last few days?

Embedded videos suddenly stopped working and the latest "tip and trick" is from 2017 which isn't useful.

12 Replies 12

Pat Sheehan
Explorer | Level 4

Checked my website. Seems to be working for me at 1:45 pm EST. I don't use a content management system like Wordpad, I just copy and paste the HTML code into a web page using the Dreamweaver HTML editor.

A new thing in browsers. If you have the video set to "autoplay", the video will start but there'll be no sound. I removed the "autoplay" verbiage so now the play button has to be clicked by the user to start the video but there'll be sound.

Just discovered this a month or so ago...

europe89
New member | Level 2

Can I embed videos from Dropbox to put on my website?

Mark
Super User II

Dropbox isnt a hosting service so things on websites are not going to always play well. 

Please use the correct tool for this and find a hosting service you can use. You are saving yourself lots of trouble in the long run.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    europe89 New member | Level 2
    Pat Sheehan Explorer | Level 4
    JDLintz New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?