cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox's size increases on my Android phone

Dropbox's size increases on my Android phone

peapche
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm using Dropbox app on Android, and the amount of storage used by it on my smartphone is increasing every time I download a file from Dropbox to my smartphone.
I checked the settings screen on my smartphone and found that my Dropbox's "user data" is now 9GB. There is a "Clear Data" button, but when I press it, it will also delete my account information. Is there anything I can do to solve it?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@peapche wrote:

I checked the settings screen on my smartphone and found that my Dropbox's "user data" is now 9GB. There is a "Clear Data" button, but when I press it, it will also delete my account information. Is there anything I can do to solve it?

You want the Settings within the Dropbox app, not your device's settings. You'll see a Clear Cache button.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@peapche wrote:

You want the Settings within the Dropbox app, not your device's settings. You'll see a Clear Cache button.

peapche
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

It worked. Thanks! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

peapche New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?