cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox files are partially downloading

Dropbox files are partially downloading

Ahmed Saami
Explorer | Level 3

I have been having this issue where, I download a video file and it only downloads 50% of the file. Meaning if there is a 11gb file I need to download, it ends up only downloading 5gb even though it shows that the file is fully downloaded. Could you please help me understand the issue, is it an internet thing? a plan? or something else I need to do? 

13 Replies 13

Ahmed Saami
Explorer | Level 3

No I am not currently using any specific VPNs, or security software other then windows Microsoft itself. I have even called my Internet Provider to if there was any restriction or anything but everything is clear there as well.  

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Sorry to jump in here @Ahmed Saami !

You said you were trying to download the file locally to the device. Do you have enough space on the device to do so? Have you tried a different device? 

Also, do you use a Basic account? If not, can you try adding the file directly to your Dropbox account, and then downloading it from there? 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Ahmed Saami
Explorer | Level 3

Yes I have more then enough space to download the file. I have tried to download it from another device but the same issue occurs.
and yes I did try to send it to my own dropbox and downloading it from there but it still didnt work. I have a question though, I downloaded the desktop app and I want to know how can I sync it when the dropbox stops syncing when the storage becomes too much for it. I wanted to try that route as well. 

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @ahmed Saami , if you're using the app, you'd first need to add the content to your Dropbox account, and allow for the changes to sync locally, to your device. 

Now, you also mentioned that this path didn't work. Can you elaborate on this? Did you get any errors when doing so, or was your account's quota not enough to add the content? 

Based on the latest info you shared about the app not syncing when the storage becomes full, I'm guessing you can't add the content due to space reasons, right? 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?