cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t access images in app because I have no storage space available

Can’t access images in app because I have no storage space available

RuthieMC
Explorer | Level 3

I cannot view my images in Dropbox because the app is telling me i’m out of space. These images are over 12 years old and are of my daughter. I’d like to be able to view the images in the app without upgrading but it won’t let me go any further without attempting to make me upgrade. I can see the images via the website but not via the app. Any suggestions at all?

Many thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

Rich
Super User II

@RuthieMC wrote:
I cannot view my images in Dropbox because the app is telling me i’m out of space. ... I can see the images via the website but not via the app.

Dropbox doesn't prevent you from viewing your files when you're out of space in your account. However, if your device is low of disk space then the Dropbox app may not be able to download the files to open them.

Are you sure it's not your phone that's out of space, and not your Dropbox account?

RuthieMC
Explorer | Level 3
Hi

Nope it’s a brand new device with 2 TB of space. It will not allow me to get further unless I accept the dropbox plus download. There are no issues with storage on this phone and I have 1TB of space in the cloud. It states to accept this device I must download the above. Frustrating!

RuthieMC
Explorer | Level 3
Furthermore it also has the option to remove some devices, but won’t allow me to remove any either

RuthieMC
Explorer | Level 3
Actually ignore that! I’ve managed to unlink a device today and I can now view them! Hurrah! Thanks for your input
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

RuthieMC Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?