cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Audio Files Cut Out When Playing

Audio Files Cut Out When Playing

mspin
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I've been having an issue lately (since June) with playing MP3 files from Dropbox where the audio cuts out while playing. It cuts out at the same time stamp each time, so its not randomly cutting off the audio. When I play the MP3 files back on my computer from the hard drive, there is no audio cut off. This is only happening after the file is uploaded to Dropbox and when playing the file from Dropbox. This happens on the Dropbox app on my iPhone, iPad, and when playing the file from the Dropbox website on a computer. I have deleted the file from Dropbox and re-uploaded it but that does not resolve the issue. I have been using Dropbox to store and play MP3 files for many years and never had this problem until recently. It seems that something has changed or there is some kind of bug causing this audio drop out of the file when playing.

I can't find any resolutions for this when searching the site. If anyone has any information or suggestions about a resolution, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

16 Replies 16

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @wnj, do you see the option to clear the cache in the Dropbox mobile app directly from within the settings?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

wnj
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

@Walter @Jay 

My problem seems to be resolved
by CLEARING THE CACHE of the app.

thank you!!!

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue! If you need any further assistance in the future, please let me know.

Enjoy your weekend!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Ben72
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am having the same issue and don't know what to do about finding a resolution. 

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Ben72, can you provide more details about what type of file you're playing, how soon after you start playing that it stops, and any other info in order to assist further?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

njvaug02
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Experiencing same issue for the past year. Not on every file but certainly on enough of them. Clearing cache has no effect. Deleting and redownloading app fresh has no effect. Same exact skips happen on iPad and iPhone apps, but not on source played from hard drive or playing the same file via Dropbox or Replay in a browser. Dropbox, get it together, and please don't suggest that I clear the cache. Had no effect, and same problem is happening on iPad and iPhone, but not in the browser, clearly an app coding problem.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for your feedback here, @njvaug02, and sorry to see you're having this issue.

If you save the problem files from the Dropbox app to your device and play them locally from there, do they play correctly?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?