cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cannot anymore open .kdbx file stored in Dropbox with KeePassDroid

Android: Kdbx files can only opened with Google Drive-PDF-Viewer which is wrong!

kitingChris
Helpful | Level 6

Why can I open Keepass *.kdbx files only with Google Drive-PDF-Viewer?? It is no PDF. Why does the dropbox app does not let me choose a different App to open the file with? Why not use the android default app open selection??

55 Replies 55

DrRob
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Lusil,

I can't open the ticket you've sent me a link to, even though I'm logged in to Dropbox.  When I try to open the ticket URL, the website redirects to https://www.dropbox.com/support/

I also can't reply to the message to confirm my email address because the address I use with Dropbox is a receive-only address.

Rob.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

For security purposes, we're only able to send the ticket to the email address associated with your Dropbox Community profile. 

If you'd like, you can change the email address you've connected to one that you can receive and reply from. 

However, I can see that you've replied to my ticket already, so we can continue having a look into this from there. 

Keep an eye out for my message there, thanks @DrRob!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

jodokast89
New member | Level 2
I came here to say, I am experiencing the exact same issue. After years of successful use of KeepPassDroid and Dropbox, I can no longer open my .kdbx file! I am running Dropbox verison 202.2.2 and KeepPassDroid verion 2.5.12. Ever since updating Dropbox, it tries to open my .kdbx file as a pdf! I am able to use the workaround in this thread, however as a longtime paying customer of Dropbox, I would like this fixed.

Thank you!

Van van Van
Explorer | Level 4

Curiously, Dropbox has recently started offering me some kind of paid service that includes its own password management system. You guys didn't actually break KeePassDroid on purpose, did you?

Hmm... dismayed.

phoenixbound
Helpful | Level 6

More than a year ago Dropbox updates broke the ability to open up keepass files.  You guys fixed it that time.

Today, the same issue has occured.  On both of our S7's, I tried deleting both apps and re-installing.  No joy.

We are going to NEED to switch to another online data storage program if this isn't fixed really soon, as access to our respective keepass password file managers is what we need most, and we need it often.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi @phoenixbound; thanks for posting on our Community!

As your query seems to echo the discussion under this thread, I just merged your post here. 

Can you please let me know the version of our mobile app on your devices and if you're able to export those files to the mentioned 3rd party app? 

While we're at it, would it be OK with you if we used the email address for your Community's profile to reach out so we can further investigate? 

Let us know here when you get the chance, and we'll take it from there. 

Thanks!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

kitingChris
Helpful | Level 6

@phoenixbound 

I tried Google Drive that works as expected with keepass files. 
But then switched completely to nextcloud since dropbox now wants money for using on more than 2 devices. 
It was a great service. But now it is trash. Keeping my account only for being able to share with friends still stuck on dropbox

midas
Explorer | Level 4
Same here, keepass is not in the list of available open with apps. Used to work about a week ago. Reinstall of both did not fix it. Hapl...

yaron1
New member | Level 2

Tested Keepass2Android and am getting the same behavior as with KeePassDroid

Dropbox has a password manager. I believe in August.

I am starting to suspect that they are intentionally avoiding fixing this bug.

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for all your updates here!

We'd like to have a look further into this with you. So if you haven't already, please submit a ticket with our Support team from here.

You'll get a ticket number (eg. #1234567) that you can let me know here and I can pass along the info you've provided here.

If you have any troubles with this, let me know and I'd be happy to help out with this.

Keep me posted!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?