cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: A Simpler Way to Delete and View Photos

A Simpler Way to Delete and View Photos

Bh52
New member | Level 2

I often want to clear out unwanted photos on the Dropbox app, but it’s so cumbersome just to delete a photo that I quickly give up. In the main view the photos are too small to see any detail, but if you click on the photo it takes steps and scrolling to delete, which makes deleting one photo take too much time. It would be nice to have at least one more view option with photos about 2-3 times bigger and any easy delete option.

4 Replies 4

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Bh52, thanks for the feedback!

Could you clarify the OS you're using and the steps you take to do this at the time? 

Also, when you say bigger preview options, are you referring to the website or the mobile app perhaps?

Let us know more and we'll take it from there.

PS: For some tips on posting ideas in the future, you can have a look here

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Bh52
New member | Level 2
Hi Walter!
I’m using Apple iOS. When I click on “photos” (bottom tab) it brings up a view of all my camera uploads, 5 photos to a row. There IS an option to select multiple photos to delete (which is simple enough), however the photos are too small to see enough detail to decide which photos to select, so I have to fully open each photo. Having the option to see just 2 or 3 photos in a row could help there.
(Similar to how Apple gives a zoom in/zoom out option in photos)

Now on the other hand, if you are in Dropbox photos, and there are 5 in a row, and you open one photo, click on the three dots, scroll down, select delete, then confirm that yes you want to delete. For one photo that’s fine, but with the billion photos we have these days, that’s a lot of steps if you are actually trying to clean up your folder a bit for space, find family photos better, etc. In that view a trash can with an option to undo would be quicker, or a trash can/confirm would even be better.

Not end of the world stuff, but little things that help a busy momma keep up 😉
Thank you for considering!!

Bh52
New member | Level 2
And mobile app— I don’t usually have time at my computer to view photos- that’s more of a waiting for practice to get out sort of thing:)

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the additional information and elaborating on your use case @Bh52 - most appreciated. 

Your feedback has been logged in our system -  please let us know if you have anything else to add. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?