cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Space removed!

Storage Space removed!

tomcatuk
Explorer | Level 3

ok so my storage space has gone, my dropbox is empty which I earned in 2010 10.25GB and now says I have used 10.18GB of 10.25 this all happened when dropbox decided to limit you to 3 devices and remove the storage, they might say they have not removed it and that may be true but you have blocked my access to it... 

Used to use it for swapping files between a couple of friends but that stopped ages ago, just now use it for the odd file and my favourite use was and still is for screen shots...

Total bonus space earned was 8.25GB when checking referrals  other ways I have earned was 4.25GB now all gone.... I would be happy if I just had a GB!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II

@tomcatuk wrote:

my dropbox is empty ... and now says I have used 10.18GB of 10.25 this all happened when dropbox decided to limit you to 3 devices and remove the storage ... you have blocked my access to it...

First, Dropbox doesn't remove your storage space unless you had a time-limited bonus applied to your account. Space from referrals is permanent. Other bonus space is not.

They also don't block access to the space in your account. If your account says you're using 10.18 GB of space, then you really are using that space. Have you checked your Backups page?

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Mark
Super User II

Some promo space is time limited, its possible it has expired now

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Rich
Super User II

@tomcatuk wrote:

my dropbox is empty ... and now says I have used 10.18GB of 10.25 this all happened when dropbox decided to limit you to 3 devices and remove the storage ... you have blocked my access to it...

First, Dropbox doesn't remove your storage space unless you had a time-limited bonus applied to your account. Space from referrals is permanent. Other bonus space is not.

They also don't block access to the space in your account. If your account says you're using 10.18 GB of space, then you really are using that space. Have you checked your Backups page?

tomcatuk
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Rich thanks for your help and spot on, never knew about backup, and found a load of files which I never knew was there but cannot delete them as they were on a 64GB memory stick, I have gone to the settings page and security but its not listed so cannot delete anything...

No idea what Paper mobiles devices is but that's the only thing that said unlink

I also still have the memory stick but that has nothing on it.

Sorry but simply never knew about the backups folder, what next?

tomcatuk
Explorer | Level 3

Cancel that... done it thanks for your help....

hollis1818
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I wish that were true.

I had 4.25 G of space for many years. At least 10, I think. Recently, the space went down to 2G. And most of my files are gone.

Of course, as a free basic account, I can't reach anyone at DB.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @hollis1818, could you confirm the exact level of quota you have on your account from this page?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

@hollis1818 wrote:

I wish that were true.

I had 4.25 G of space for many years. At least 10, I think. Recently, the space went down to 2G. And most of my files are gone.

Of course, as a free basic account, I can't reach anyone at DB.

What does www.dropbox.com/events show?

How often do you log in and when was the last time?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    Jay Dropbox Staff
    hollis1818 Explorer | Level 3
    tomcatuk Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?