cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No additional space on Business Advanced

No additional space on Business Advanced

ggtello
Helpful | Level 6

Dear community,

I'm here to advice that the support have been denying us additional space for two weeks, first telling us that there was a momentary problem, then that we had made a request before the 7 days, then again (after waiting 7 days) that there is a problem which however is not written by Nowhere.

We're really worried about that because they don't give us any timelines and the fact that the problem doesn't exist on the dropbox status page and that nobody else talks about it seems a bit suspicious.

I don't like writing these posts but we are really worried don't you think? Are any of you having similar problems? do they only have it with us?

615 Replies 615

Rootax
Helpful | Level 7

Deleting the already allocated space is really low... I'll move my data in a few months, but still... Can't even honor the original deal....

leocavazzana
New member | Level 2

So simply I had my entire business, a video production company, on dropbox. Now because you guys have issues with people overusing it for crypto and whatever else, you are taking it on legitimate business and loyal users like us. My brilliant idea would be to suggest you learn how to deal with your problems yourselves. We are leaving dropbox feeling betrayed and frustrated. Now I'll take hours to download everything and upload into a new service. Incredible how easily you guys threw it all to **bleep**. 

ECH1
Helpful | Level 5

Hi

after the implementation of the new plan subjected storage, i lost 10 TB, and for 2 months now, no one can explain to me why i lost the 10 TB

ECH1
Helpful | Level 5

Hello

we are paying yearly in advance for our Dropbox advanced business plan, where our storage was 64 TB.

After the migration, our storage is 54 TB. Its been two months now, asking about the reasons why we lost the 10 TB, no answer. 

its really frustrating, because we are paying in advanced,  so we lost 10 TB that we already pay for it. 

i appreciate if anyone can explain why we lost the 10 TB

thank you 

M3th0s
Helpful | Level 6

Yeah they've done the same thing to me. MIgration happened, lost storage, tried to contact support and, despite having written confirmation from Dropbox confirming what my storage would be going forward, Ed from support told me I had been badly informed and closed the ticket after I requested further clarification.

Lovely customer service right there!

ECH1
Helpful | Level 5

Hopefully someone over here will explain why we lost storage. 

M3th0s
Helpful | Level 6

They're not going to explain anything, if the support via chat is anything to go by.

They will tell you to kindly eff off and give no explanation as to why despite 3 email threads, all of them confirming the storage allocated after 27th was X, I am now getting Y.

Kudos to Ed for being able to terminate a support chat so swiftly though! Top tier customer service right there!

visionhouse
Helpful | Level 6

We need someone in the tech media to get involved in this.  Dropbox needs to be held accountable.  This is highly unethical and possibly illegal with false advertising and/or breach of contract. Very aggressive and hostile behavior from Dropbox. This company should be ashamed.  The only way that happens is a public spotlight and scrutiny.  Right now they couldn't care less about it or the difficulty they have caused their customers. They just want it to go away.  Does anyone have media contacts they can loop into this thread?

OfficeInCT
Collaborator | Level 9

@visionhouse  I had DM'd several tech media authors on Twitter when this first started but had not heard back from any of them. ArsTechnica, TechCrunch, CNET, etc. 

visionhouse
Helpful | Level 6

@OfficeInCTThanks for doing that.  Maybe it will matter more now since, apparently, this thread is one of the most viewed and most commented upon in their entire forum.   Inching towards 30,000 views and close to 600 posts it seems this is getting to be a pretty big deal in the forum.  

Dropbox desperately wants this to go away and their low-character responses should be exposed.  Tell people...
Screenshot 2023-12-12 at 9.42.54 AM.png

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

dsucx New member | Level 2
    Mrleosir1 New member | Level 2
    OfficeInCT Collaborator | Level 9
    dropby Helpful | Level 6
    ggtello Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?