cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: No additional space on Business Advanced

No additional space on Business Advanced

ggtello
Helpful | Level 6

Dear community,

I'm here to advice that the support have been denying us additional space for two weeks, first telling us that there was a momentary problem, then that we had made a request before the 7 days, then again (after waiting 7 days) that there is a problem which however is not written by Nowhere.

We're really worried about that because they don't give us any timelines and the fact that the problem doesn't exist on the dropbox status page and that nobody else talks about it seems a bit suspicious.

I don't like writing these posts but we are really worried don't you think? Are any of you having similar problems? do they only have it with us?

615 Replies 615

Eldon McGuinness
Collaborator | Level 9

Well I'm trying to reply to you @clintwb with detail on our setup, however, the posts are mysteriously not staying put...

damfox
Helpful | Level 6

Dropbox this is absurd - I am a loyal customer for many years - on the top package! 

15TB's is simply not enough for my video business. Who ever thought it would be enough is simply out of touch with reality. 

So I can add space huh? In Australia you want to charge me a ridiculous $15.40 per month for each extra TB? I have just shy of 30TB's in my account, which was previously included in my 'all the space I need ' plan. So that means to get the same service I already had - I would now have to spend AU$231 per month. That is $100 more than I currently pay per month for the first 15TB!!!! HOW ABSURD!!!

As you have it setup now I would be better off having 2 business accounts than adding storage? Whoever came up with this needs to be fired. I just don't understand why you are treating us so poorly. Is it that you want actual us pro users to go away and find someone else? Why not just have a reasonable expansion pricing? 

damfox
Helpful | Level 6

To clarify - Previously AU$130 = unlimited storage - We used 30TB's

Under the new regime, the cost for the same amount fo storage would be AU$135 + AU$231 = AU$366 per month. 

So the same service is now 3 TIMES THE COST!

And that is only to house our existing data with no scope for future expansion. 

How can you possibly justify this? 

PhrediLtj
Helpful | Level 6
I hear ya. Same here. I have 27TB’s.

My recommendation is to switch to Mega. It’s still under $100US

jacoporicci
Helpful | Level 6

It's because they're deleting posts and comments that speak about this.

visionhouse
Helpful | Level 6

Yes, the posts keep moving… and the thread is difficult to find.  Why?  It seems like they are moving things around or obscuring this thread…

jacoporicci
Helpful | Level 6

Always funny when companies put the final nail in their own coffin themselves. Lovely.

Bye Dropbox, the pleasure's been all yours.

JohnIL7824
Helpful | Level 5

Unfortunately they become like google company. They force us to buy more space. I have 67 TB (because i deleted many files to get more space) and before this expensive changes they give me up to 97 TB...and now they cut additional space and now i have only 76 TB. No problem, i will search for other cloud storage.

clintwb
Helpful | Level 7
@JohnIL7824
Can you clarify your situation?

Have you spoken with someone at DB this month (November 2023) and they are limiting you to 76TB (or 67TB I can tell)? Or do you have that much space because you paid more.

Please help us out by explaining the process and/or communication you had with Dropbox staff.

JohnIL7824
Helpful | Level 5

I had 69 TB at the beginning when I bought the 'advanced plan', until I reached 76 TB uploading my video projects. Every time when almost ran out of space, they automatically gave me 1 TB of space until I reached 97 TB in total. Now they took that extra space back and I had to delete many files to get to 67 TB. Now I have 76 TB total space.

Need more support?