cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Space Limitiation 1 tera for month

No additional space on Business Advanced

ggtello
Helpful | Level 6

Dear community,

I'm here to advice that the support have been denying us additional space for two weeks, first telling us that there was a momentary problem, then that we had made a request before the 7 days, then again (after waiting 7 days) that there is a problem which however is not written by Nowhere.

We're really worried about that because they don't give us any timelines and the fact that the problem doesn't exist on the dropbox status page and that nobody else talks about it seems a bit suspicious.

I don't like writing these posts but we are really worried don't you think? Are any of you having similar problems? do they only have it with us?

615 Replies 615

OfficeInCT
Collaborator | Level 9

@M3th0s Actually it is helpful for those who are looking at other options if Dropbox continues to drop the ball. If someone comes up with a viable solution, you'd rather have on an entirely different website? 

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12

@M3th0s  , 

rclone can be used with dropbox so I don't see the problem. so far it has not bothered anyone, there is no insult or problem between the members of this discussion. so if my message bothers you you don't have to answer it, I just asked for help because there are experts on the subject.

M3th0s
Helpful | Level 6

@OfficeInCT that's not what I asked. This thread is for the issue to get resolved. Getting into the nitty gritty of Rclone documentation and how-tos doesn't really belong here and only fattens the thread.

Suggestion would be, create another thread, name it "dropbox alternatives after the 1TB hoohaa" or whatever and take it there. That way people can follow this more closely.

OfficeInCT
Collaborator | Level 9

@M3th0s  I can see what you're saying. In my experience I know I get annoyed when I'm on a forum thread and someone says the answer is in another thread but doesn't link to it; or they link to it but it's in the middle of page 20 out of 50 pages of the thread. Simpler, to me, when it's all chronological. That being said, I can see where you're coming from. 

HWG-1
Collaborator | Level 10
We haven't heard for weeks: Why? Problems? For what Time ? Month? Years? For Ever ? Sorry, we just want some more information.
Nothing has happened for weeks.

dzeto
Helpful | Level 6
For information about box.com and rclone i suggest that you check their official forum: https://forum.rclone.org/

They always helped me with any rclone problem or question. It's a great community there.

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12
Thank you for your answer, I'll look

Duncan Macintyre
Helpful | Level 6

Hi Nitr0,

It makes sense that they work out a solution they can work with before building out from that to a solution customers can live with. But this falling silent which I see from other posts is a pattern, is totally unacceptable. Even an apology and a request for patience while they work on an issue would be better. Simply lapsing into silence is unprofessional.

Duncan

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12
I totally agree with you, unfortunately it is a very common practice in large societies, silence makes it possible not to trigger other animosity. And especially to manage their communication so as not to disclose a false answer before having a real reliable answer

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12
I don't spit on DB, the service offered is a success, but it's going to be time for them to talk if they don't want to lose the trust of their customers
Need more support?