cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox Staff: Please Read - Huge data influx explanation

No additional space on Business Advanced

ggtello
Helpful | Level 6

Dear community,

I'm here to advice that the support have been denying us additional space for two weeks, first telling us that there was a momentary problem, then that we had made a request before the 7 days, then again (after waiting 7 days) that there is a problem which however is not written by Nowhere.

We're really worried about that because they don't give us any timelines and the fact that the problem doesn't exist on the dropbox status page and that nobody else talks about it seems a bit suspicious.

I don't like writing these posts but we are really worried don't you think? Are any of you having similar problems? do they only have it with us?

615 Replies 615

Gospeljohn001
Helpful | Level 6

Adding my voice and frustration to the mix.

I won't be eligible for another 1tb for a month - and I've already hit my max at 44tb.

Dropbox support's solution was to offer a refund to cancel my service. What a bunch of idiots.

Nigelbb
Helpful | Level 5

I have just encountered this. I was paying £8.99/month for 2TB of storage with Dropbox Plus. I 'upgraded' to 3 users on Dropbox Advanced for Â£77.40 & was initially given 3TB. I then asked for more & was given another 1TB bringing my quota up to 4TB. I was told that I could request another 1TB in one month. This is totally unacceptable. This is not "As much space as needed" this is very far from it & totally crazy to offer Dropbox Advanced for 8x the price of Dropbox Plus but for only 2x the storage. To even get to 8x the storage space of Dropbox Plus would take another year of increases of 1TB/month.

Dropbox are lying & not providing the service that you contract for.

miloatsale
Helpful | Level 5

I didn't know that so many people, including myself, are facing this problem. It is extremely frustrating because their claim of providing unlimited space is DEFINITELY FALSE advertising.

A month ago, they informed me that I was being rationed to 10TB per week. I was shocked and asked them why, to which they replied that their engineers made that decision. Now, in August, they are only allowing me to expand my space by 1TB for the entire month. This is highly unfriendly to businesses and their decisions are jeopardizing my business operations that rely on sufficient storage.

Where can we collectively address this false advertising and broken promise? As paying clients, we honestly don't expect the cheapest service, but we do expect fair treatment and reliable services.

yossarian82
Helpful | Level 6
It seems that there are no "Space packs" although some people from support told the contrary. This is the answer that I got today:
"I was able to get back with our team regarding the space packs you were informed about, and it appears that we do not offer space packs for you to purchase."
We're still in a limbo without any clue on what's going on. They still state that Advanced users should have as much space as needed and even though it's technically right we don't know the initial storage allotment (3tb maybe?)

Shamrock22
Helpful | Level 7

Dropbox Inc-share is still climbing. 

They for sure have the money now to buy new disks 😉

HWG-1
Collaborator | Level 10

No Plan, i not long Time at Dropbox. We were promised that we get as much storage space as we need. Our lawyer has already written a letter. We just don't know yet if we will submit it. "False advertising and False promises from Support"

We are considering whether to change providers again. We feel totally screwed.

As written: 1 TB per month is a bad joke, 10 TB per Week was a compromise, although that already did not make us happy.

We are still waiting and hop for everything to go back to normal.

Or Dropbox should make a clean sweep and say that there is no longer unlimited Sorage for business customers and Teams.

Then we would not even discuss here and wern directly away.

iNQUAM
New member | Level 2

Some people might be like that. But there are also those like me. Who hade GSuite Business with unlimited storage, where forced by Google to move to Workspace with "as much storage as you need" and who all of a sudden got limited. I'm a consultant and a one person company. I store nightly backups of my computers and servers in the cloud as well as project and customer data. Customer data which makes me want to encrypt anything I upload.
I'm looking into moving to Dropbox Advance now because of this and would fall under you blanketed description of people. All while being a legitimate users and business owner who are in need of a new home for my data since I simply don't trust Google and their way of changing the rules all the time any more.

M3th0s
Helpful | Level 6

Bearing in mind they've gone and changed their advertisement for Business Advanced and added this: "while also offering a reliable service to all our customers without interruption. We grant Advanced teams’ requests for additional space over time as is reasonable and in a way that allows us to manage storage responsibly."

So yeah don't expect to see "as much storage as needed" coming back.

pete_
Helpful | Level 6

then you shouldn't select Dropbox as your service provider. - doing it even faster than google. 😉

btw.: Business Advanced is still being falsely advertised with "As much space as needed, once purchased" on my side.

HWG-1
Collaborator | Level 10

@iNQUAM wrote:

Some people might be like that. But there are also those like me. Who hade GSuite Business with unlimited storage, where forced by Google to move to Workspace with "as much storage as you need" and who all of a sudden got limited. I'm a consultant and a one person company. I store nightly backups of my computers and servers in the cloud as well as project and customer data. Customer data which makes me want to encrypt anything I upload.
I'm looking into moving to Dropbox Advance now because of this and would fall under you blanketed description of people. All while being a legitimate users and business owner who are in need of a new home for my data since I simply don't trust Google and their way of changing the rules all the time any more.

I would not recommend them at the moment. Show for alternatives. You become 1 TB per lizens + 1 TB per month.
If that's enough for you? OK, have fun.

btw.: Business Advanced is still being falsely advertised with "As much space as needed, once purchased" on my side

The same with us.
Need more support?