cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I‘m on a family plan but Dropbox still asks me to upgrade my plan because I don’t have enough space

I‘m on a family plan but Dropbox still asks me to upgrade my plan because I don’t have enough space

leeann_seifert
New member | Level 2

I‘m on a paid family plan (shared from by my parents) and now i can’t sync a few of my new files with the family storage, dropbox then tells me to upgrade my plan because i‘m out of storage space which is impossible since the family plan storage is huge and we‘re not even using a third of the storage space. I have checked that i only have one email registered with dropbox so that can’t be the issue

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@leeann_seifert wrote:
I‘m on a paid family plan (shared from by my parents) and now i can’t sync a few of my new files with the family storage, dropbox then tells me to upgrade my plan because i‘m out of storage space ...

Did they actually invite you to be a member of the family account, or did they just share a folder with you? If all they did was share a folder, then you aren't a member of the family plan and the shared folder takes up space in your account.

Check your Plan page and see what plan it says you're on. I'm betting it says Basic. You need to make sure they've added you as a member of the family plan.

Mark
Super User II

When you go to www.dropbox.com/account/plan what does it show? If it says 'Basic' you are not part of your families Family Plan so they need to invite you and you need to accept it. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?