cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm not out of space but I got an email saying you'll lose access to your files if you don't act soo

I'm not out of space but I got an email saying you'll lose access to your files if you don't act soo

yonialter
New member | Level 2

I'm using 5.5 out of 6.8 GB , never had an issue, and now I got this warning email.
Can you please advise? 
Thank you
Screen Shot 2023-04-23 at 09.25.49.JPGScreen Shot 2023-04-23 at 09.26.44.JPG

8 Replies 8

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @yonialter, thanks for using Dropbox and welcome to our Community!

It's possible that you almost reached your account's quota limit at some point since you received that email notification.

Since you checked your account's plan tab and you can see that you're well below your quota limit, you can safely ignore the email at hand or even unsubscribe from such notifications if needed.

I hope this helps a tad and please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

julesselmes
Helpful | Level 5

No, Walter!

You sort out this annoying blatant upscaling. We are existing customers, not spammed potential new customers. I keep getting these annoying emails when I'm only on 234 GB of 2 TB. I have always been on this plan so the "you were almost at your limit but upgraded" excuse is void. How many people panic and just upgrade their plans? That's what is really going on here and it stinks!

Motsognir
New member | Level 2

Got that mail too with over 10% free space remaining and zero uploads in the last months so no iminent danger "lose access to your files if you don't act soon!"

I like this one from the mail the most:

"Even adding just one more file might stop your account from syncing and being able to access them"

JUST ONE MORE FILE AND ALL IS GONE!!1!

Clickbait and pressuring customers to buy storage? Nice one, Dropbox.

Edit: And I whish I never made this post because now I'm getting loads of "You've earned a new badge!" mails. Oh? A new badge? BETTER CHECK EM FAST BEFORE THEY'RE GONE TOO!

marleythewizard
New member | Level 2

I have used DP since 2012 and have never gotten an e-mail like this, even when I was using max capacity. 
Honestly, I thought it was a scam e-mail. 
So this is real and the new scare tactic to make people buy more space? 

bluemountain2021
New member | Level 2

The sender "no-reply@em-s.dropbox.com" who Self-proclaimed Dropbox keep sending mails which says

"Your Dropbox storage usage will soon reach its limit. Once you exceed your storage limit, you will no longer be able to add new items or sync changes between devices.

Upgrading to Dropbox's premium plan will give you access to 3,000 GB of storage space, 180 days of incident protection, and other great features."

However my usage is only 4GB out of 2TB limit.

Is this some kind of SPAM mail? Or new upgrade sales campaign by the Authentic Dropbox.

When I tried to send this mail to the dropbox support, I couldn't click the send button.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @bluemountain2021, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

The email address of the sender is a legit Dropbox address, but is it possible that this went to a different email address and not the one associated with your paid account?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

julesselmes
Helpful | Level 5

Hannah, You totally missed the point of @bluemountain2021's post. I'm sure that "you" are just an AI chat response. Or it just stinks of corporate BS; the way no one from DropBox can answer why we are all getting the "Out of space" email when we all have loads of PAID space to use!!

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @julesselmes, sorry to jump in, but may I ask if you've ensured that you're getting this email notification in the email that's associated with your upgraded Dropbox account?

If you did, how often are you getting those notifications? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    julesselmes Helpful | Level 5
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
    bluemountain2021 New member | Level 2
    marleythewizard New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?