cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot access my backups to delete them and continue using my account

I cannot access my backups to delete them and continue using my account

jkellymdmph
New member | Level 2

I used dropbox mostly to share files between my iPhone and laptop or PC.  When the suggestion was emailed me to back up all my files in my account, I had thought "Why not?"  I soon found out that my account maxed out, and when my account was frozen for having no more space, there were attempts I made to discard the backed up system files, but I've never been able to get any further use of that account.  My original account was with sbcglobal.net email address.  I eventually linked that with my umich.edu account, and that account doesn't allow alumnus use of the dropbox arrangement the university has.  Since my sbcglobal account is linked to the umich.edu account, I cannot get to my backed up system files to delete them.  I have a terabyte external backup drive for system files, and don't need them in dropbox.  But I cannot use my account at all.  Any suggestions?

1 Reply 1

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @jkellymdmph, thanks for joining the Dropbox Community.

Allow me to start by saying that a Dropbox account can only be associated with one email address, so there's no way that your two addresses are linked to one Dropbox account.

Regarding your backups, are you able to see and access them here?

If not, can you login to Dropbox with your other email address, to see if you can find your backups there?

Let me know what you find.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?