cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanved Storage Account / Usage shown is not correct.

Advanved Storage Account / Usage shown is not correct.

cgi_ltd
Collaborator | Level 10
Go to solution
So our company has an Advanved account. We went from having 50TB free to suddenly being 50TB OVER our allocated quota, which means our storage went up 100TB over night. When I run the storage report against our current users, it does NOT match the amount of storage our account page shows we are using. We do not share files or directories, sharing at the admin level is OFF. The Advanved Technical team started investigating it and then they suddenly stopped responding. They acknowledged their is a discrepancy among what our actual storage is vs what is showing as used, but that was the end of the conversation. Now whe are stuck, not being able to sync because we are over quota. And DB seems clueless to how this happened. I re-ran the current users total storage today, and the total amount used between all active users is still way below what our account is showing as "Used." How can I expedite this? Our free remaining quota just went *poof*.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @cgi_ltd, I was able to check the convo history of your message, and it seems things have improved about this already, right? 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there @cgi_ltd, sorry to hear about this.

Could you please let us know your ticket ID so that we can look it up in our system?

Thanks!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

cgi_ltd
Collaborator | Level 10
Go to solution

@Walter

Ticket #22559401

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @cgi_ltd, I was able to check the convo history of your message, and it seems things have improved about this already, right? 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

cgi_ltd
Collaborator | Level 10
Go to solution

@Megan

Yes, their has been significant improvement 🙂

Thank you

karen46
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

We have a 5TB account which before the weekend was showing 20% full. We had about 700GB in our files so that was about right. This week it's now showing 60% full and when I go onto Insights there is a graph showing on the 20th August 2.2Tb was being shared. I don't know what this is or who is sharing it and I can't seem to find an answer to this on your site but our file sizes are still just showing over 700gb. The shared tab shows the last folder shared was in June so I am stumped as to what this 2tb is. Your online chat doesn't do anything when I click on the link so I can't get an answer that way. Any ideas?!?

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @karen46, welcome to our Community! 

Can you try to run an activity report to see a breakdown of your team's storage and each member's  quota usage?

Here is a very helpful article as well in case you would like steps on how to process this.

Can you give this one a go, and let me know more? Thanks!  

Megan
dropbox.com/support

karen46
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi Megan,

It looks like 2 folders we have shared have been reshared with other people as the files look at have been accessed in other countries. Would this be the reason our storage is showing 60% full even though we are currently only using 20%

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @karen46, when you say that these folders have been re-shared with other people, do you mean people from within your Team?

Do you see any members having enabled Backup, by any chance? It'd also help to have a look at this with our Support team, since they can have more visibility on their end. 

Have you tried a different browser in order to contact them, just in case this is a browser-related issue? 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

karen46
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I am the only member and I shared 2 folders with a client. Could they then share that folder without my knowledge which would then take up room on my storage? I can't understand where this 2.2TB is coming from otherwise.

I have tried different browsers and the online chat just doesn't work. Surely there is a way on dropbox to see who is sharing this 2.2tb??

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    karen46 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?