cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop automatic photo uploads?

stop automatic photo uploads?

melissa13
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have a Standard DropBox account which the other day suddenly started uploading all my videos from my iPhone/iPad - this is on my desktop Mac. I've gone to "backups" and see that the "enable camera uploads" box is unchecked - but since it's uploading from my device, and not uploading from a camera, I'm not sure who to stop the uploads! Why did it start grabbing the videos, and how to I stop it? I've had to manually delete them twice (since they filled up my free space quickly).

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@melissa13 wrote:

I've gone to "backups" and see that the "enable camera uploads" box is unchecked ...

Did you check the Camera Uploads setting on each device? It's controlled on the device, not in the Dropbox application on your computer.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@melissa13 wrote:

I've gone to "backups" and see that the "enable camera uploads" box is unchecked ...

Did you check the Camera Uploads setting on each device? It's controlled on the device, not in the Dropbox application on your computer.

melissa13
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks SO much, Rich - that's the solution! I wasn't going at it from the right angle. (I still wonder why, all of a sudden, the uploads began!)

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

melissa13 New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?