cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional authentication is required

Not receiving 6 digit verification code

elhdesigner
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I have been trying to access my dropbox account for the past month and have not received any 6 digit access code emails or any password reset emails, or for that matter any emails from Dropbox. I pay a monthly subscription fee so I don't think my account has been shut down as I have seen in other threads. I NEED these files!

195 Replies 195

albertism
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi, I'm trying to restore my old Dropbox account. I remeber my user and my password but I'm not receiving my 6 numbers code to get into my account.

please help me.

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @albertism, sorry to hear about that!

Do you still have access to the email address linked to your old Dropbox account? 

If I were you, I'd also take a look at Sam's post right here, in order to make sure you've tried all possible steps. 

If none of these work, let me know! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

albertism
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Sorry I followed all the instructions your link gave to me, but i'm still unable to receiving email from Dropbox, same the 6 numbers code, same as the new password instructions.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for giving that a go, @albertism!

Can we log a ticket for you then, and send it over to this email address?

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

daylef
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

The only way I found to log in was via Google log in which doesn't prompt for a 6 digit code. I have a ticket which in progress for the same reason and it's been months. My responses have been directed at Dropbox to provide an additional method such as two factor authentication (phone number etc). The fundamental problem it seems, is to do with email security and spam/spoofing. I've had similar problems with a group mail server that I manage and trying to get someone to admit it's their problem is like watching a tennis match with the consumer as the ball.

Dayle...

Graham
Community Manager
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

I hope you're all well! I just wanted to pop a comment in here to link to this post with some really great advice on what to do if you are having trouble receiving your verification email! 

Hopefully, this will help if anyone has experiences with this issue again.

Thanks, and have a great weekend!

Graham

bazb1985
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I have just about had it with Dropbox. I create this new account using a Yahoo email address that I've had for countless years, and upon requesting a verification email, nothing happens. As in, verification email not received, and not in spam folder etc. I have tried everything. I even called Yahoo customer support and tried to confirm if there was anything on their end - nothing. They are adamant that this is a problem with Dropbox system. I also changed my Dropbox account password since that could help verify the account - still unverified. 

How on earth does Dropbox expect their users to trust them and give them business when they can't even be relied on to send a verification email to start using their service? This is YAHOO EMAIL we're talking about, not some fly by night burner email service that no one's heard of.

I can't even use the support chatbot because my email is unverified, so I can't even get support that way. Does anyone have any idea how to move past this nonsense? Is there anyone from Dropbox that I can connect with to resolve this completely unnecessary problem? Thank you. 

bazb1985
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi Graham,

I have followed Sam's steps and I still for teh life of me cannot get my email verified. I am using a functional Yahoo email for my dropbox account, and now matter how many times I've tried, I cannot get the Verification email sent my way. I've even added the no-reply email to contacts, reset my password, logged in and out, changed browsers, called yahoo support - nothing works. My account still says Verify Email, and I cannot receive the email regardless of what I try and the fact that it says it was "sent". Please help. Thank you

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @bazb1985, whising you a great Monday ahead!

I just sent you an email, in order for us to have a closer look into this. 

Respond back to me, and we'll take it from there, cheers!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

mortenlk
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I have tried for several days now, I do not receive a 6-digit code? And it's completely impossible to get support / customer service when I can't log in. I have now created a new free account. Which will be closed as soon as my login problem is solved.

What do I do, I don't want to post my account email here - as it's private!!!

Need more support?