cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox Pop-Up Invitation to Join Dropbox

I keep getting a pop-up notification to sign up for Dropbox.

Bales
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi,

Out of the blue, a few days back, after tinkering with my DB account, when I start my computer, I get a panel from DB inviting me to sign up for an account - preferable a paid-for account. If I try to delete the message it comes back.

What has caused this and how can I stop it? At the moment I dont need or want a premium account.

Many thanks.

Bales

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Bales wrote:

The page gives me a choice of Later  or Sign In but wont just go away !

If you're not using Dropbox and don't want to sign in, set Dropbox to not start when you sign in to Windows.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Bales wrote:

Out of the blue, a few days back, after tinkering with my DB account, when I start my computer, I get a panel from DB inviting me to sign up for an account ...

Are you still signed in to the Dropbox app? It sounds like you signed out of the app, which would cause it to prompt you to sign in each time you signed back into your computer.

Bales
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi Rich, thanks for prompt reply.

Yes, that's about it. But I cannot get rid of the message ( cant see a Delete X in top right corner) and I dont need to be invited to sign in to DB each time I open my PC

B

Bales
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Rich, just checked and the invite to upgrade and login, does have a delete X Top R corner. The page gives me a choice of Later  or Sign In but wont just go away !

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Bales wrote:

The page gives me a choice of Later  or Sign In but wont just go away !

If you're not using Dropbox and don't want to sign in, set Dropbox to not start when you sign in to Windows.

Bales
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Thanks Rich. I've turned off that instruction so will watch results.
Thanks.
Bales
Need more support?