cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't access my Dropbox Plus account; a one-time code is sent to my old address.

I can't access my Dropbox Plus account; a one-time code is sent to my old address.

lerakut
New member | Level 2

Hello,
I have the following problem.
My Dropbox Plus account is linked to an email address that no longer exists because it was changed.
When logging in, the code is sent to this old email address, which I can no longer access.
You can bypass this with the code by clicking "Having trouble receiving a code?", but unfortunately, this doesn't work for me.
How can I log in without a code so I can change my email?
Thanks in advance!

2 Replies 2

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hey @lerakut! Welcome aboard our forum. 

Are there any other devices that may still be logged in to your Dropbox account? If yes, you can go ahead and check their notifications; the one-time code may have been sent there, as well. 

If not, can we open a ticket for you to the email address you see here? Can you access it directly? 

Let me know.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

lerakut
New member | Level 2
Hello,

thank you for your response. Unfortunately, it still doesn't work. And when I click the link, I'm prompted again to enter a code, which is sent to the email address I can't access. How can I log in without the code, or is there a way to change the email associated with my account without logging in?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

lerakut New member | Level 2
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?