cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Displaying all non-synched folders along with synced folders

Displaying all non-synced folders along with synced folders

ScottAMRaleigh
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I would like to view all my desktop folders, even those that are not synced in dropbox. I know this is possible, because my previous Mac allowed this, and the "online only" folders were indicated as such.  My new Mac is showing only those selectively synched. How do we display all the folders, including un-synced?  Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there @ScottAMRaleigh, sorry to hear you're having issues with this. 

Online only folders should not be confused with selectively un-synced folders. Could you check the app's preferences under the sync tab and let me know if you can find the folders in the selective sync settings?

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there @ScottAMRaleigh, sorry to hear you're having issues with this. 

Online only folders should not be confused with selectively un-synced folders. Could you check the app's preferences under the sync tab and let me know if you can find the folders in the selective sync settings?

Thanks!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

ScottAMRaleigh
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Okay, thank you. So, I followed your instructions, and set my preferences to "online only" and selected all my dropbox folders to "sync to this mac."

Unfortunately, Mac Finder is only displaying the previously synced folders (not all of them).  This is a new Mac, so I'm trying to set up to model my old Mac.  Following your instructions, my plan was to just make all the folders "online only" and then re-select the individual folders I want to sync to the desktop.

Repeating above, it's not displaying all the folders, just the ones I originally synced (which are now "online only").  I'm assuming this means I need to uninstall dropbox, reinstall it, and start fresh -- syncing all folder "online only" and then once they all show up in Finder as online only, I then selectively sync the ones I want on my desktop. Is this correct?  Is there any other way?

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Do you see the folders you're not seeing in Finder under your selective sync settings perhaps @ScottAMRaleigh

Walter
dropbox.com/support

ScottAMRaleigh
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Shortly after I typed that last message, all the folders appeared in Finder. It just took about 10 minutes or so.  Everything is fine, thanks for your help!

I might suggest that in the directions for new installs, Dropbox instructs users to first select ALL the folders "online only," then selectively sync. Especially, if the user wants to see all their available folders, even those online only. I'm assuming most users would prefer that way upon startup.

I appreciate you, thank you.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I'm glad to hear it's sorted now and thanks for keeping me in the loop too, Scott. 

I've also jotted down your feedback - I appreciate you took the time to provide us with your thoughts on new installs of the desktop app. 

If anything else comes up, you know where to find u! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?