cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Company Notifications

Disable all notifications as Team admin for all members.

JPerry
New member | Level 2

Is it possible, as a company admin, to disable DropBox notifications for all members without going to every device and doing it individually?

7 Replies 7

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @JPerry, how are you today?

We don't have a way to turn off notifications for the entire team right now. As a workaround, each individual user on the team can turn off their own notifications.  

Would you mind clarifying what type of notifications you're talking about, so I could maybe give you some workarounds, if possible? 

Having said that and as I understand the significance of this for you and your team, so I'll forward your feedback to the appropriate areas so we can continue to improve.

Keep me posted!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

JPerry
New member | Level 2

Hello.

Most specifically, file activity.  I don't want members getting notifications/reports on other members activities including the firms principals.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @JPerry, happy Friday!

I just wanted to also confirm that notifications from the desktop app about files being added/edited/deleted from folders, can only be turned off by each user individually.

There is an option in the admin console, for admins to turn off viewer info, to hide info about who has viewed a file, if this is something that might interest you.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Tulaalip
New member | Level 2

The request by JPerry is something we would find very helpful as well - admin ability to turn off notifications (e.g. activity digest) for all users in the company without having to go to each computer and device to turn it off.  It makes no sense that every user gets automated summaries of what everyone else in the company, including senior management or staff working on sensitive projects, is doing.

Is this a feature that can be added?

bmi1
New member | Level 2

Please add this feature. Having all members receiving baloon notifications about every file edited means wasting everybodys attention many times during the day. When there are many dropbox users editing files, there is non-stop activity and notifications. It is annoying and a brach of privacy for senior members. Going computer by computer editing the desktop setting is not possible for our organization with computers in multiple locations.

madtasty69
New member | Level 2

Hello.   I see that many more people are asking about the inability to control notifications as the admin to protect the privacy of employees.   This would be a relatively easy fix, but we have not heard anything back from DropBox since February.

Can we please get an update on the implementation of this very important security/privacy feature?

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @madtasty69, currently, we don't have any new updates on this option being added to the service.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?