cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I sync two personal accounts on one computer?

Can I sync two personal accounts on one computer?

colintr
Explorer | Level 3

I have 2 separate dropbox accounts. One is my personal account and one is my Dropbox Plus account for my work (they use separate email addresses). I want to be able to have both dropboxes available at the same time on my imac.

I am logged in to my personal account, when I click on the icon in the top menu bar and then on my avatar the only option I can see are to add a Team Account which I don't have (I did try it and it didn't work). There doesn't appear to be an option to log out of my personal account and log back in to the Plus account.

At the moment I am having to use my web browser to access the Plus account which is not as easy to use as the desktop app. Is it possible to be logged in to both accounts at the same time or is there an easy way to add the plus account to the app and quickly switch between the accounts using the desktop app?

11 Replies 11

colintr
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, no, that didnt work. It still logged me in automatically to my basic account when I restarted dropox

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @colintr, let me also jump in here! 

When you try to sign in to your Plus account on the desktop app, have you made sure you're signed in online with the same account too? Sometimes this does the trick.  

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    colintr Explorer | Level 3
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?