cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Annoying popup on the website to resubscribe

Annoying popup on the website to resubscribe

rokaril
Explorer | Level 4

I keep getting a large popup that says:

"Welcome back, (name)! We noticed that your subscription has ended. Resubscribe now to not miss out on advanced productivity features and 2,000 GB or more of space."

I have the free Basic plan and want to keep using it. I am NOT near my storage limit (only at 650 MB out of 2.25 GB). The popup keeps coming up, even though I select Basic as my plan. Is there a way to stop these annoying popups? FYI, the popup is when I access dropbox.com in my browser on my laptop, not on mobile devices.

5 Replies 5

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @rokaril - thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Could you please send us a screenshot of the pop-up so that we can have a visual too?

Also, did you try clearing your browser's cache, using another browser, or logging out from your account and then back in?

Keep us posted!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

rokaril
Explorer | Level 4

Here is what I keep seeing. Cleared the cache (Chrome). Logged out and back in, twice. Still shows up in Chrome and Firefox. Might just switch to Google Drive for my file transfers. DropboxPopup2.jpg

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the screenshot, @rokaril.

I've passed your feedback along to our team. If you need anything else, just let us know.

Have a great week ahead!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

NightLight
New member | Level 2

Did you ever get a fix for this? It's happening to me, too 😞

rokaril
Explorer | Level 4

NOPE! Never got any further response. Clearly not an issue worth solving for anyone there, which is awesome. Great job, Dropbox team! I did find a workaround though. Instead of accessing Dropbox through any browser on my laptop, I added Dropbox as a drive that is directly accessible on my laptop. So I now just open Dropbox through File Explorer and drag (or copy/paste) files directly from folder to folder, bypassing dropbox.com. So that works, if you're willing to install that program for access. But definitely unimpressed with Dropbox's support for trying to fix the original issue. So if anything else goes wrong, I'll definitely switch to another file transfer system.

Need more support?