cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The email address of my Dropbox account has been hacked & can't access the email.

The email address of my Dropbox account has been hacked & can't access the email.

kristina3112
New member | Level 2

The email address associated with my Dropbox account has been hacked and I have been unable to regain access to the email account.

I have the log-in details for my Dropbox account but after logging in, I am asked enter a code sent to the hacked email address which I no longer have access to.

Would can I do? I can’t find a way to contact Dropbox at all.

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@kristina3112 wrote:
The email address associated with my Dropbox account has been hacked and I have been unable to regain access to the email account. ... Would can I do?

Your best option would be to contact your email provider and try to get back into the email account.

You can try contacting Support, but without access to the email account you may not be able to gain access to the Dropbox account. Without access to the email account it's not possible to receive password resets and one-time security codes used during sign in.

To contact Support, visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for sign in issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?