cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly I can't log in to my Dropbox account and I don't know why

Suddenly I can't log in to my Dropbox account and I don't know why

Sumski1111
New member | Level 2

Hello to all, 

Suddenly I have problem with access to my Dropbox account. I am on the basic plan. And have access through it to my client I work with. Tody when I try to log in; It did say your Dropbox account is disabled, without no further explanation. 

What is about? How to enable it? And why this is happening? 

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@Sumski1111 wrote:

I am on the basic plan. And have access through it to my client I work with. Tody when I try to log in; It did say your Dropbox account is disabled, without no further explanation.

It sounds like you were invited to and joined their Business team account. When doing so, you merged your account into their team account, effectively making them the owner of your account. Removing you from the team deletes your account. Instead, they needed to convert your account back to an individual account.

You need to contact the team admin of the Business team account and ask them to first restore your account, then convert it back to an individual account. Act quickly as they only have seven days to restore the account after it's been deleted.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?