cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help, I can't see any of my folders or files

Please help, I can't see any of my folders or files

davidkingcollage
Explorer | Level 3

A client of mine recently wanted to share a folder with me but instead invited me to become part of her team, which I accepted in error.  In accepting the invitation, my entire Dropbox was moved under hers, then Dropbox cancelled my account and gave me a refund on the unused part of my subscription.  I could see my folder under hers even if she couldn't see it.  To complicate matters she then deleted the team.  Does anyone know how I can get my all my folders back into my own personal account?  Is there a way to contact support at Dropbox for help?

Please, any direction you might be able to share with me would be appreciated.

1 Reply 1

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @davidkingcollage, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

If you merged your account with a Dropbox Business team, then only the team admin can convert your account back to a personal account away from the team.

If they've already deleted the entire team, then you won't be able to recover your account. It might be possible that they transferred your files to their account, so they may still have a copy if you contact them for help.

If you have any further queries, feel free to message back.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?