cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Phishing

Phishing

SoKe
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Hello! I received an email from the correct Dropbox address telling me I had deleted a lot of files but can retrieve them within a month by clicking “here”. Looks suspicious, I did not do anything special lately, and I think this is phishing mail… but it seems genuine. Did anybody else receive that email?
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@SoKe wrote:
I received an email from the correct Dropbox address telling me I had deleted a lot of files but can retrieve them within a month by clicking “here”. Looks suspicious ...

Hover your cursor (DO NOT CLICK) over the "here" button in the email and see what URL it will open.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@SoKe wrote:
I received an email from the correct Dropbox address telling me I had deleted a lot of files but can retrieve them within a month by clicking “here”. Looks suspicious ...

Hover your cursor (DO NOT CLICK) over the "here" button in the email and see what URL it will open.

SoKe
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thank you for your advice. It seems to be a genuine Dropbox email. I think a lot of files were deleted during my cleaning of the Amazon Music files on Itunes... difficult to know exactly what is behind since there are thousands of weird files. So I think the Dropbox warning was true but nothing to do after all 🙂 

thank you anyway!

Need more support?