cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Re: Remove security code verification, so we can access the account even without email access.

Not receiving one-time security code in email

IHJ
Explorer | Level 4

I am the administrator for our Dropbox business account. I have created a new user in the admin profile and sent an invite to the new user. I have set up Dropbox on an iPad that I am preparing for the new user. I have also set up his email account on the iPad. I have received the invitation on the iPad and have set up a Dropbox user account for the new user. When I log in on the iPad, I enter his email address and password. A window then appear asking me to enter the security code. It states that the code has been sent to the email account for the user.  The problem is that the code does not appear in email.  I have checked the spam folder and there is nothing there. The address is obviously correct, as Dropbox successfully sent the original invitation to this address. I have set up Dropbox without this issue on several other iPad for new users to our organisation previously, so it is unlikely that the service provider is blocking the email. I have tried accessing the help on line, but when I attempt to enter the information, it is rejected, claiming that the credentials I have entered do not match. As I have not yet been able to use Dropbox, obviously, I am not able to provide details of files shared, computers last logged in on, etc. Where do I go next?

5 Replies 5

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @IHJ, thanks for the details.

As this is related to account-specific information, I'd recommend contacting the support team directly for them to investigate this in more detail on their end.

Once you get a ticket ID from the automated response, please let me know the number here so I can locate it in our system.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

IHJ
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks for the reply Jay. The ticket number is ID #24360922

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for that, @IHJ! Iā€™ve gone ahead and added an internal note to your case. Our support team will review it and get back to you.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

IHJ
Explorer | Level 4

Hi @Nancy Thanks for your response. Can you please check if there is any progress. I logged the request on Friday and understood that there should be a response within one business day. It is now after 5:00pm on Monday and I have had no response yet. As the new member of staff started work today, this matter is fairly urgent, as he does not yet have access to the shared files.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @IHJ - thanks for the nudge on this.

A member of the team should be getting back to you on your ticket soon, but please let us know if you have anything else to add in the meantime. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?