cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My account was disabled for inactivity, even though I've been using it every day.

My account was disabled for inactivity, even though I've been using it every day.

Heirloom
New member | Level 2

Hi Community,

I have two Dropbox accounts and Dropbox just totally deleted one of them due to "inactivity"  I use it every single day and have had it for 10 years.  I can't find a phone number to call. Freaking out. I have years of pics and all my files in that account. Has anyone every had this happen to them?  If so, how did you get it resolved?

2 Replies 2

Mark
Super User II

How do you know it was removed for inactivity? That doesn't happen to accounts that are used frequently - it takes 12 months of no use to be removed. 

What is the exact error you get when trying to log in

@Heirloom wrote:

I can't find a phone number to call. 

There is no inbound phone support so please dont call any numbers you find online - they are fake. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Helen DBX
Dropbox Staff

Hello @Heirloom 

Helen from Dropbox here. Thanks for reaching out about this. 

To explain the situation and to help you with this issue will require some account-specific info that would be wise not to share publicly. 

Could you please email us about this via: http://www.dropbox.com/support 

We look forward to assisting you further there. 

Best regards, 
Helen 
The Dropbox Team
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Helen DBX Dropbox Staff
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?