cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My account was deleted and I cannot access the team files

My account was deleted and I cannot access the team files

PeterG96
New member | Level 2

Hello community,

Today I tried to access a teams folder as I do once a week but when I opened Dropbox, I was logged of and after typing my login credentials I got a message saying that my account was ELIMINATED and ask the admin to invite me again and I did but after accepting the invitation I got a new message saying that I have to wait 6 days before trying to do that and I’m just blocked at work because I cannot access the teams folder.

What’s up with that?

Why dropbox eliminated me?

(The Admin didn’t do it)

Why do I have to wait 6 days? 

Why no previous notification informing me that this would happen?

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@PeterG96 wrote:

I got a message saying that my account was ELIMINATED and ask the admin to invite me ... Why dropbox eliminated me?

Dropbox wouldn't delete your account like that. It sounds like you were removed from the team. Only a team admin would be able to do that. I'd double check with them to see exactly what was done to your account.

Why do I have to wait 6 days?

When you're removed from a team account your account is deleted and the team admin has seven days to restore the account, if needed. During that time another account using the same email address cannot be created.

You should contact the team admin and ask if they can restore your account.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?