cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the email: em-s.dropbox.com legitimate? [Answer: Yes]

Is the email: em-s.dropbox.com legitimate? [Answer: Yes]

Graham-7
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I have received an e-mail telling me of a new document available for me in Dropbox. The e-mail is from an address that ends with " em-s.dropbox.com ". Can anybody confirm that " em-s. " is a valid adjunct to " dropbox.com ", or is it sooner a trick?

Thank you.

122 Replies 122

New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I suspect and hope this was an internal error & there are infact no files

Al_Simmons
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Exactly! But if it's legit, then why isn't there a file waiting for me in my SHARED folder? The email doesn't mention what the file is or when it was sent or by whom. Shouldn't the email have more information?

New member | Level 2
Go to solution
There wasn’t one in mine either. 90% sure the email was an error. Probs the work experience boy pressing send by accident lol

New member | Level 2
Go to solution
https://help.dropbox.com/security/official-domains

Is on the list of official domains & linked to official site. Confident it was safe.

Hrhjet
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I got an email 5hrs ago from Dropbox saying the same, but there is nothing new in dropbox. No file waiting. But what it does say is there's a folder I created waiting to be downloaded and if upgrade I can open it.

pheide
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I received email today from Dropbox advising me

"Just a heads-up – you've got a shared file waiting for you. Click the button below to check it out whenever you're ready!"

I did so but cannot find any new file. The most recent is from 2022. I have tried everything listed in the left column under Home. Where else would I find this new file?

Trevor_RTD2
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks, just received one today. Now deleted

AK33
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
I also received a suspicious email from this address, stating:

“Just a heads-up – you've got a shared file waiting for you. Click the button below to check it out whenever you're ready!”

After *not* clicking the button and checking my Dropbox account through the app, there hasn’t been a new file for over 4 months. The email looks official enough but isn’t quite the same design/layout as other Dropbox messages I’ve received.

This is the only time this address has ever sent me an email. I’d send screenshots or email support but on a basic account those unfortunately don’t seem to be options. It really feels as though this warrants a closer look from your security team.

LC28
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I received the same email:

“Just a heads-up – you've got a shared file waiting for you. Click the button below to check it out whenever you're ready!”

from address:

no-reply@em-s.dropbox.com

is this a scam?

Jersey0980
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I got the same email. When I checked my dropbox, there were no newly shared files:

possiblescam.png

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    NickKon New member | Level 2
    Nick K.19 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?