cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Scam?

Is the email: em-s.dropbox.com legitimate? [Answer: Yes]

Graham-7
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I have received an e-mail telling me of a new document available for me in Dropbox. The e-mail is from an address that ends with " em-s.dropbox.com ". Can anybody confirm that " em-s. " is a valid adjunct to " dropbox.com ", or is it sooner a trick?

Thank you.

122 Replies 122

Sam DBX
Community Manager
Go to solution

Hi all,

Just to let you know that our team is investigating these reports, and we'll share the updates here soon.

Thank you,

Sam 

Banzai Beagle
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

BanzaiBeagle_0-1692975831092.jpeg

moki
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

got one like this as well today

Just a heads-up – you've got a shared file waiting for you. Click the button below to check it out whenever you're ready!

Gauermarketing
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same here. Received August 25 with a legit Dropbox addy (although I never use Dropbox) and absolutely no info on sender.

rockzilla2520
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Same!!

Bernard
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I received same message at 4:34 this morning.
I'm not sure it is safe. No friend told me they had dropped something for me.

michelledawncanary
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I received email from the same address yesterday. Logged in and there was nothing waiting (nor was I expecting anything).  Scam? Screenshot 2023-08-25 at 12.08.26 PM.png

M Gotts
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I, too, received the exact same type of email yesterday. Same subject and body. No identifiable person supposedly sharing files. Logged into Dropbox manually (never click on links in suspicious emails...) and there is no indication of anything new being shared or notification of someone attempting to share. Hmmm...? I'm doing a little digging on the mail headers at the moment. Seems legit so far. Maybe some glitch on Dropbox's end? No obvious phishing, so if it is malicious it appears to have not worked correctly.

eg_smith
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I agree, I want to email someone at Dropbox too as I also just got this email and am worried it's a scam or a virus.

eg_smith
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I also got it - definitely concerning and I wish there was better communication from Dropbox

Need more support?