cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccessible email address & can't receive 6-digit-code.

Inaccessible email address & can't receive 6-digit-code.

Philippe0206
Explorer | Level 3

Hello everyone

I have an account identified by an email address now inaccessible I know my password but I cannot receive the Verification code
Here are the questions asked to make access to me

[email removed as per Community Guidelines] Please tell me what question the answer does not correspond to the question
I have no support not fulfilled sufficiently precisely
OK
So I asked to receive more precise questions
answer :
We cannot do this
is this Dropbox or Kafka Box
Thank you for your help

11 Replies 11

Mark
Super User II

You need to contact support.

https://help.dropbox.com/account-access/lost-email-access

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Philippe0206, welcome to our Community! 

For security reasons, I went ahead and removed part of the message that provided sensitive info, since this isn't safe to be on a public forum. 

Based on what you mentioned, it sounds like you were in contact with our Support team. Could you send me the ticket number reference, please? 

Keep me posted! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Philippe0206
Explorer | Level 3

ticket #23505423

thank you

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Philippe0206, thanks for that! 

I'm afraid there's not much that we can do on our end.

The agent working on the case requested some additional info, in order to help with the request. 

Since they have a better visibility than we do on our end, and they are a specialized group, I suggest following the steps they provided and try to provide them some additional info, that might help them locate the account.

I hope this clarifies!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Philippe0206
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you for your help
In my first message I point out that they say that the information provided is not sufficient
They correspond exactly to the questions asked
But they say that it is insufficient without saying what would be sufficient, IP address, Mac or other
how to answer when the question is not asked
It's totally stupid
this only dismantles that they absolutely do not master the security of data entrusted to you

Philippe0206
Explorer | Level 3

Unfortunately they do not offer questions, they simply say that it is not enough, without requesting new information precision
Let them clearly ask me questions like all other organizations of the Internet Apple Microsolt Google etc which have clear identification protocols and where we must not guess the questions to answer
It's absolutely incredible

Mark
Super User II

Dropbox are very, very, strict on not giving access to accounts - there are lots of cases on here where they've refused to do so. Ultimately thats a good thing as if not anybody could pretend to be a user and get their data. 

All you can do is contact Support and see if they can help. If they cannot then your only other option is get the email reactivated. If that doesnt work the account is lost.

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Philippe0206
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer
little summary
I have an account of which I have the password and which is active on my iPad with an email address that is no longer active
I wish to change the email address for an active
impossible ...

Mark
Super User II

@Philippe0206 wrote:

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer
little summary
I have an account of which I have the password and which is active on my iPad with an email address that is no longer active
I wish to change the email address for an active
impossible ...

So, if its active on the iPad DONT log out or let it log out - the easiest thing to do here then is create links to everything (or move all in to a folder and link to that) and create a new account. 

That way everything is sorted 🙂

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    Philippe0206 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?