cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I was sent access to a folder to one of my emails, but my dropbox is under a different email log

I was sent access to a folder to one of my emails, but my dropbox is under a different email login

Carlavv888
Explorer | Level 3

I was sent access to folder from a Dropbox user, but they sent it to an email that is not currently associated with my personal Dropbox account.  I tried to set up another Dropbox account with the email they used, but when I submitted the info the message said 'welcome back'.  So I tried to reset the password but no link has arrived.  I have contacted the other person but have had no reply yet.  It is important information I need for training.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Mark
Super User II

Have you tried accepting it on your account that you have already? It may work

If not you need to get the person to re-issue it to the correct address. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Carlavv888
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for your reply Mark.  Yes, I did try but it won't give me access.  I have contacted the sender... I guess I'll just have to be patient.  Cheers!

Need more support?