cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm not receiving the security code to my email, so I can't enter my Dropbox account

I'm not receiving the security code to my email, so I can't enter my Dropbox account

Cla11
New member | Level 2

Hello, I've been trying to login to my Dropbox account for days but failed. Dropbox said it sent security code to my email, but I didn't receive anything. There is nothing in "spam", I've added Dropbox email to my contacts but still failed. Can you please help? Thankyou

8 Replies 8

Rogaa
Helpful | Level 5
Hi there,

Chances are, you may just have entered a wrong password. What you can do instead is to click this link: www.dropbox.com/forgot . Then enter your email address and follow the instructions sent to your email. Once resetting your password, you can now log in using the new password and please make sure to click on “trust this computer” the next time you log in so you won’t be asked for a security code if you think you entered the correct password but still you get a security code sent to your email either because the computer you are using is not recognized by Dropbox yet or it’s been a while since you last accessed your Dropbox account. Hope this helps

Cla11
New member | Level 2

Hello, I entered the right password to my Dropbox account, I also can still access my Yahoo account. But Dropbox never send me the security code, so I can't login to my Dropbox account (It's been ages since last I login to my Dropbox account, so I get why they need the security code. But the problem is the security code isn't received in my Yahoo mail).
I've tried your instruction to "forgot" my password, but still Dropbox doesn't send me the instruction for forgotten password 😞
What I think is that Dropbox can't send email to Yahoo mail?
Please help, thankyou

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey there, @Cla11, I hope you're doing well!

Would it be okay if I sent you an email, in order for us to have a closer look into this, please? 

Let me know more! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Rogaa
Helpful | Level 5

Hi Cla11 , Good day to you. You may want to check your yahoo settings to find your blocked list on Yahoo. You may  head into your Settings, locate the Security and privacy section and a list of blocked email addresses will show up there. If you see an email like this : no-reply@em-s.dropbox.com , please remove this email so you will be able to resume receiving emails from Dropbox.  Additionally, you can also check your subscriptions.  In your yahoo mailbox, on the left pane, navigate down till you find “Subscriptions”. If you don't, you will find a hide and show button underneath “Trash”: click Show, and choose “Subscriptions”. In the next screen, you will find Active and Unsubscribed. If you see the no-reply email from Dropbox that is unsubscribed, you can re-subscribe because you may have unsubscribed from Dropbox before so you will not get email notifications if you reach your plan's space limit or if you keep on getting marketing emails from us. I hope this helps . 

Exar888
Explorer | Level 3
Hello @Megan, im also experiencing the same problem.
I can access my yahoo mail, and i know ny dropbox password, but i cant login since dropbox asked for code in my email.
The code never come in to my yahoo email.
I have added noreply@dropbox as contact and i also have checked that there is no blocked email.

Please help, i have important docs in the dropbox.

Thank you.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Exar888, I hope you're doing well!

Can I send you an email, in order for us to have a closer look into this? 

Let me know more, and we'll take it from there!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Exar888
Explorer | Level 3

Of course. 
Look forward to hear from you. 

The email is removed

Regards, 
Indra

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Exar888, I just sent you an email! 

Check your inbox, and I'll see you there. 

Oh! and one more thing to keep in mind: I used your Community-linked email address, not the one you attached on your response.

For security reasons, this is the email address we can use to reach out to you. 

Thanks! 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    Exar888 Explorer | Level 3
    Rogaa Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?