cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I joined a team and I have lost access to my personal account?

I joined a team and I have lost access to my personal account?

tom baxter
New member | Level 2

Hello Folks. 

i hope you can help. 

I have joined a TEAM and in the process i have lost access to to my own (paid for 3TB personal ACC).

This is what happened:

I have a personal account which i pay for 3TB (call this TB_P1)

I was asked to joined a team to work on a project and in the process i couldn't work how to link my Personal account to their team. 

So i logged off and Started fresh by trying to join their TEAM without being logged into my personal Dropbox. 

So whilst i was Joining the team DropBox required me to set up another 'Personal account' as i couldn't seem to link my own one (lets call this TB_P2) 

So i have now lost access to my own personal TB_P1 account. 

what i have access to now is a new Personal account TB_P2 of which i don't want and the TEAM for work which i do want to be linked to. 

So the question is: 

How do i get rid of this new Personal account and Link my TB_P1 account instead of this redundant TB_P2 account? 

Any help would be great as i Dropbox don't seem to have any customer care?

How strange?

Thanks

Tom 

3 Replies 3

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hi there, @tom baxter, thanks for reaching out to us.

Even if you had joined the team with your personal account, the account should still exist.

If you open a private browsing/incognito window and sign in with your personal account credentials, what do you see?

Keep me posted.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

tom baxter
New member | Level 2

I am aware that the account will still exist. The issue is that i wan't it to be living alongside my Team as my actual personal account not this random one that Dropbox insisted i created to be able to join the team. Is there someone i can actually talk to on the phone at Dropbox? 

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for getting back to me, Tom.

Phone support is actually available only to admins on Dropbox teams, but you can find all your support options here.

So, if I understand correctly, you've paired your team account with the new personal account, but you'd like to pair the team account with your original personal account.

You should be able to do so, by following the steps in this article, both to unlink the accounts and then link the correct ones.

I hope this helps!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?