cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have lost my whole Dropbox account after joining a team

I have lost my whole Dropbox account after joining a team

Dietmar B
New member | Level 2

This morning someone tried to share a folder with me. As had been done many times. But this time DB asked me something about joining a Team account, which I reluctantly agreed to. I stupidly agreed to what turned out to be moving my files (my whole account really) to under this new account. I then got an email from DB saying that my previous subscription had been cancelled. That's not at all what I wanted. So now I have lost all of my previous files. Disaster! How do I resurrect my previous account?? How frustrating that DB has no human being to help!

1 Reply 1

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Dietmar B, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

It does sound like you joined a Dropbox team, and were merged to that account. 

Your files should still be visible on the account, but you'd need to ask the team admin to follow these steps to convert your account back to a personal plan, away from the team, and not just delete your account.

This would return you to a Basic plan, with all your files, so you can later upgrade to your personal paid plan.

Keep me posted with any update.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?