cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't reset my Dropbox password, as I don't remember the password of my email either.

I can't reset my Dropbox password, as I don't remember the password of my email either.

Msmith2024
Explorer | Level 3

Hello, is it possible for the Dropbox team to please reset my password so I can access my other Dropbox account please. I received a message to reset it via my email but I don't remember my email password either. So I'm asking please can the team reset it on your end, I have a lot of pics and vids that I can't afford to lose, thank you

4 Replies 4

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Msmith2024, I’m sorry to hear about this. 

Do you have a way to reset the password of your email address first? Access to your linked email address is necessary to enter your Dropbox account. 

What email service provider are you using? 

Keep me posted.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Msmith2024
Explorer | Level 3
Hello Nancy I am using outlook.com, but honestly I can't remember the password for that email address it set it up long time ago and I can't remember even when I try to go to the security questions I can't remember alot of those questions

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Msmith2024, I’d recommend getting in contact with our support team directly to look into this matter in more detail.

You can do this by opening an incognito/private browsing window, while not signed into your account, and accessing this link

From there you should be able to contact support. Make sure to pick an email to which you can receive and send emails from.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Msmith2024
Explorer | Level 3
Ok I will do that thank you Very much Jay
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Msmith2024 Explorer | Level 3
    Jay Dropbox Staff
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?