cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't join another team with my work email, despite my team being deleted for more than 30 days.

I can't join another team with my work email, despite my team being deleted for more than 30 days.

Papermountain
New member | Level 2

*This request is submitted with my personal basic Dropbox, since the account in question was deleted. 

I created a Dropbox account using my work email address to share files with clients. My boss later decided he wanted to use Dropbox as well, so he created a team account and wanted to add me as a team member. He couldn't add me because I was in my own team using the business email, so I deleted my team account in order to join his. I got a message stating I'd need to wait 30 days to join another team or create a new account using the same work email address, so I waited. It's been over 30 days, and I still can't reuse the work email to either create a new account or be invited to my workplace's team. I urgently need access to share files, so any help resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! 

If anyone has anyway to contact support via direct email or phone, I'd appreciate it. I've looked all over and can't find contacts to speak to someone directly. I can't use the business email account to contact because it's been deleted and this basic account doesn't provide the option to contact support. 

1 Reply 1

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for letting us know about this here, @Papermountain

Can you clarify what happens now exactly when your boss is trying to add you to their own Dropbox team? Do they get any errors that your email address is still attached to another team account? 

Do you have a screenshot of the message telling you you’d need to wait for 30 days before joining the other team? When was this sent?

Other than that, I can see you’ve recently chatted with our support team. I’ve also left them an internal note on your behalf to make sure they can see your post here.

Give me a nudge for any additional info.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?