cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't access the admin's account; their email is inactive and I'm being asked for a one-time code.

I can't access the admin's account; their email is inactive and I'm being asked for a one-time code.

andy spellman
New member | Level 2

I am Director of my own company, which has a Drop Box account. Ive noticed I dont have admin access and the member of staff who set up the account is the admin and their email no longer exists, as they left the business several years ago - so when I try and login in with their details it sends an access code which cant be retrieved.

This means I cant access bills or indeed downgrade the account, as my staff numbers have drastically reduced now. How can I rectify this, as I dont want to have to pay to set up an old company email again in the Admin's name. Thanks. Andy

5 Replies 5

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Welcome aboard the Community, @andy spellman

In this scenario, you’d indeed need to log in to the admin’s account to cancel the plan and see more info on the account’s payments. 

As a result, I suggest logging a ticket with our support team directly (from this page), so that they can look into this further.

Feel free to send me your ticket number here afterwards and I can also leave them an internal note on your behalf.

Keep me in the loop for any updates.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

andy spellman
New member | Level 2

Thanks Nancy but thats the problem, I cant login! I know the account name and password but it then sends a second security 6 digit code, which of course I cant access, as it goes to the admin's now deleted email address. As the account is in my company name, is there no other way to access the admin? Thanks again. Andy

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hey Andy! I totally understand that, which is why I recommended reaching our support team directly. You don’t need to be signed in to the admin’s account to do this; you can log a ticket with our team, while being signed in to your current Dropbox account.

Let me know if you encounter any issues though along the way.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

andy spellman
New member | Level 2

Thanks Nancy

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

No problem, Andy, and thanks for the ticket number, too. I’ve found it in our system and left an internal note for you. Please keep an eye out for our team’s reply.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
    andy spellman New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?