cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to revert access to another entity?

How to revert access to another entity?

MR Accounting
New member | Level 2

Hi:

Inadvertently, I provided the ownership of my account to another company.  Now, my account appears under their ownership.

Can you please advise how can I reverse it?

Thanks  in advance,

MR Accounting

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@MR Accounting wrote:

Inadvertently, I provided the ownership of my account to another company.  Now, my account appears under their ownership. Can you please advise how can I reverse it?

If you mean that you were invited to and joined someone's Business team account, then you need to ask the team admin to convert your account back to an individual account. Make sure they don't just remove you from the team as doing so would delete your account. If that were to happen, the team admin only has seven days to restore your account.

Keep in mind that Dropbox can't do this for you. Only the team admin can convert your account back to an individual account.

If you were on a paid subscription prior to joining the team, you would have received a prorated refund for the time remaining on your account. Once your account has been converted back to an individual account, you can resubscribe if needed.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?