cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free team disbanded by Dropbox

Free team disbanded by Dropbox

MikeMp3
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Team,

Can someone please help with an email I received as below? Not sure what it all means 

The ???? Limited team has been disbanded by Dropbox. Your team’s folders have been converted to shared folders, and all ??? Limited groups have been deleted. Your account has been converted to a personal Dropbox plan.

Reason I ask is that we had a colleague that left our company under bad terms. 

Many thanks in advance. 

114 Replies 114

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi @bdsaintess, I hope you’re well. 

Pairing your two Dropbox accounts is only possible if one of them is on a paid Business team, I’m afraid. 

If you’d like to move everything under one account though, you can check the steps showing here instead. 

Let me know if you’ve got any questions!

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Mark
Super User II

Dropbox ended the support of Free Teams on the 31st of March - there has been lots of emails and comms sent out about this, however, you can get more info at https://help.dropbox.com/teams-admins/team-member/free-teams-overview

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Karma_m
Helpful | Level 5

Hi Mark,

I beg to differ re communication. I have gone back over all my emails and notifications within the app and I have received nothing relating to it. Maybe as I was the administrator I didn't get a message but still this is pretty poor communication. 

Also I still have not been able to locate the folder within my plus account. I can only see it if I log in online. This was in my original query.

I have been a big fan of Dropbox since its inception. This has just left a sour taste in my mouth and I am loath to be pushed into paying over $100 more a year to upgrade when I can probably just use our office one drive account or iCloud.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Karma_m, I'd recommend getting in contact with the support team directly for further assistance for them to look into this further regarding the folder on your account.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Spdemuro
Explorer | Level 4
Dropbox has decided to stop allowing having two simultaneous accounts.
I can understand if it was for all-free accounts, but not even family or plus subscriptions can coexist with one another.
The only option they now give is to have one of them as a business account, which requires at least three users.
This is not only inconvenient, but plainly stupid. They made everything a little worse for everybody, and they didn’t even give you a viable choice.
In my case, I should upgrade from a 10usd plan to a 45usd one with two unused users, for example.
It’s really frustrating, after all these years, to star looking for another solution to migrate everything, or having to install a third party hack for something that was perfectly functional.

DonChipriani
Explorer | Level 4

This was handled so poorly.

Same happened to me, and I have the Professional Plan. Why did Dropbox by default, chose what to stop syncing?  And why choose to leave the personal, free account to sync out of the two? Don't you think the paid one made more sense for me to keep?

Why not give the user the curtesy to choose which one to continue syncing. Users should get an apology for the way this was handled. 

TBisley
Explorer | Level 4

I didn't receive a single email regarding this and I've no idea how to sync my personal Dropbox now, it only gives me the option to add a teams account. Very badly handled and pushing me towards using a NAS.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi @TBisley, I hope you’re doing well. 

In order to sync your desktop app to the account of your choice, you’ll first need to sign out and log back in with the right credentials. 

You can click here for the detailed steps on how to do this.

In regards to the email you mention, did you also check your spam folder in case it’s located there?

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

rr2018
Explorer | Level 4

I had the same, and for one week already I am trying to retrieve my files; 356Gb to be precise!!! The folder is still there in the hard drive but when I move or copy the content it disappears. I tried copying, both within my hdd aw on an external disc, but in the end when I put them in my documents folder they vanish; you see them being copied an at the same speed they Start to disappear. For another 310Gb I do not have this problem The same for my back ups in in timemachine. I fear that it is the setting "do not synchronize = only online" that's causing them to be removed. Can anyone help me or tell me how to get in touch with Dropbox, since that too has not been succesful during the last week. 

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @rr2018, thanks for the nudge here.

If you sign in to the Dropbox application with the credentials of that account, are you able to switch the files from online-only to local, so that you can move or copy them elsewhere?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    audseng New member | Level 2
    Chefalina New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?