cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant access my dropbox with username which is an email account

Cant access my dropbox with username which is an email account

eddy meyer
Explorer | Level 3

Hi there,

I have a dropbox-login with an email account but I dont receive any code since the 2-way-authentification was activated. I want to change my username but I cant access my account. I contacted the system administrator but he does not receive any mail with code with my old employer. How can I access it? Thanks for your help.

Eddy

3 Replies 3

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @eddy meyer, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

If I understand correctly, you're not receiving the 6-digit security code to your email in order to login to your Dropbox account, right?

Have you checked your spam folder? If it's not there, can you also add no-reply@dropbox.com to your email contacts and try again?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

eddy meyer1
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks Hannah

Yes, the former system administrator reactivated my email account and looked into the spam-folder, but no code sent there. And now? I will try it once more and send you to no-reply@dropbox.com, ok? 

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @eddy meyer1, since you have a different username, this means that there are two separate Dropbox accounts under different emails. 

If you're still not receiving the code, I’d recommend getting in contact with our support team directly to look into this matter in more detail.

You can do this by opening an incognito/private browsing window, while not signed into your account, and accessing this link.

From there you should be able to contact support. Make sure to enter the same email you use to login to Dropbox. 

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    eddy meyer1 Explorer | Level 3
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?