cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access my account since my email address has been deleted.

Cannot access my account since my email address has been deleted.

AeonVoom
New member | Level 2

The email address used for my original account is defunct for many years now. When i tried to log into my account today i was asked to put in a verification code send to that email address.
Of course i could not, so i tried to verify with the questionaire. I was very certain that the answers I gave were correct. I tried by removing a few things, where i was not 100% sure. Anyway after that, the system told me i used it too many times
I do have another way to validate myself and that is through the paypal billing each month including precise time and transaction id.

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II

@AeonVoom wrote:

The email address used for my original account is defunct for many years now. When i tried to log into my account today i was asked to put in a verification code send to that email address.

You can try contacting Support, but without access to the email account you may not be able to gain access to the Dropbox account. You need to maintain an active email address on your account so you can receive password resets and one-time security codes used during sign in.

To contact Support, visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox address, including these forums, and you'll see an option for sign in issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

If you're unable to gain access to the account, Support will at least be able to cancel any future payments if the account is on a paid subscription.

AeonVoom
New member | Level 2

I've followed all this already. Canceling the subscription is not an option as i require the data on the account.

Rich
Super User II

@AeonVoom wrote:

I've followed all this already. Canceling the subscription is not an option as i require the data on the account.

As stated, you can try to contact Support. In the past they have stated that without access to the email address, they won't provide access to the account, but perhaps that's changed. Only way to know is to contact them.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    AeonVoom New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?