cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't log in to the Dropbox site or app

Can't log in to the Dropbox site or app

kenjura
Explorer | Level 4

Problem: cannot log in on my new machine at all.

Secondary problem: because I can't log in, I, a paying customer, cannot request support. Because it requires login.

Steps:

- Using my new computer (win 11, new laptop opened for the first time today, all windows updates current)

- Install Dropbox app

- Login directs to my browser (Firefox)

- Go to login page

- Login in with correct username/pass

- Login page throws strange error about CAPTCHA not being filled out (none was provided)

- Try again

- Goes to 2FA

- Fill out 2FA correctly

- Main action button does nothing. No page loads, no JavaScript error, nothing. I can press Enter, I can click it, I can use JavaScript to call an onclick() event on it. Nothing.

Also tried:

- Same process in Google Chrome

- This one doesn't even make it to the 2FA screen. It throws a message about an error with <a href="/some/help/url/I/don't/remember"> in raw HTML, not actually rendered as real HTML

- On my secondary computer which is already logged in (I'm using it to post this message), I tried logging in through a private window and the same issue happened.

I can't think of anything unusual about my laptop that could possibly be throwing this off. My Firefox and Chrome were downloaded today, fresh from their respective pages. They aren't out of date. I'm not on a VPN, I'm not accessing from an unusual IP, my account is in good standing, etc.

3 Replies 3

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @kenjura, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Do you have any proxy, firewall, security software, or even ISP/router settings that could be restricting traffic to the following Dropbox domains?

If you didn't see the captcha, then you'll need to see if you can access this domain:

dropbox-api.arkoselabs.com 

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

kenjura
Explorer | Level 4

Two replies:

- 1: I accidentally clicked "Accept as Solution" because my browser tab was slow to update, and I now I can't un-accept. I suppose I do *kind of* have a solution.

- 2: Chrome magically fixed itself (darn rubber duck principle). Firefox is still having the same issue.

I noticed the POST to ajax_login returns this error: err:{"funcaptcha_response": {"message_text": "FunCaptcha response needed"}}

Although interestingly, I'm currently not actually seeing that in the UI, although I did prior. The UI just looks like the login page as if I never clicked submit.

I saved a HAR file with all network activity. I don't think I can upload a file, so I put it here: [Removed as per Community Guidelines]

Jay
Dropbox Staff

I removed the link you provided for your own security. It does seem like there is a connection issue on your end to the FunCaptcha server. 

Have you checked the previous suggestion I mentioned in case you can't access that domain needed for the captcha to proceed normally?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    kenjura Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?