cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Previous sign in interrupted

Can't log in "Previous sign-in interrupted" error

CaptainPablo
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

As it says above ... Can't log in "Previous sign-in interrupted" error.

Any help appreciated.

It's a business account if that makes any difference.

97 Replies 97

mbarron
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I have resolved my issue.  I unlinked all accounts, cleared cache, and then re-downloaded the app and it worked.

Paarthurnax
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hello I've had dropbox for a while and loved it. I have a computer that I used for a while until I hit my device limit and signed out of Dropbox on it. When I tried opening up the desktop app again it took me to the login screen where my only options are "Sign in with Dropbox" which boots me to a browser login or "Create account". I hit the sign in option where it takes me to my chrome browser that I'm logged in, it says successfully logged in and return to desktop app. When I go back to the app though an error code says "Previous Sign In interrupted. Please try again". I've done that same two step process a couple dozen times before giving up and doing an uninstall and reinstallation of the dropbox app which takes me to the same app login screen and same process as before. I have done logins across multiple devices and never run into this issue before. Any help is appreciated!

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Sorry to hear that, @Paarthurnax

Have you checked how many devices are currently linked to your Dropbox account? If you’re not sure how to do this, you can visit this page

Is it possible you have more than 3 devices at the moment (computers and mobiles)?

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

cesterwo
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I've been having this issue as well and this hasn't fixed it. Even our IT people are unsure of what to do. Tried uninstalling, reinstalling, and toggling both early access and release versions of the app. I've also had this issue on Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Vivaldi. 

• Macbook Air M1 
  • OSX Ventura Version 13.6.1
  • Dropbox Business Account With SSO and 2-Factor Auth.

cesterwo
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

P.S. also tried the offline installer and it didn't work either.

Firelock
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

we have a work around that is allowing us to log-in using the desktop software. We changed the SSO setting in the admin console to optional and then signed in using a username and password instead of SSO. For some reason we have to click sign on twice but it does allow the sign on. We think the issue is being caused by some problem with our Microsoft Defender CASB security software and Microsoft Authenticator SSO.

Paarthurnax
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

This worked for me, I gave it a last ditch effort. Made sure I had a free device slot available to add, then used the dropbox app on my phone and followed the connection steps, downloaded and installed Dropbox (even though I hadn't even uninstalled it from beforehand), and it bypassed the sign-in step and let me continue setting up Dropbox like normal. Thank all for the help!

BenLind
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

@Maddux wrote:

Hi, I have solved the issue.

What I did is to install dropbox in my phone. There, is an option where you can link your account to a PC.

I just followed instructions and somehow it worked.

Regards.

Thank you! I had tried everything here, clearing cache, different browsers, offline installer, unlinking devices (even though I don't have a free account which should support more devices) and the mobile linking was the only thing that worked. I was skeptical at first as it only seemed to download yet another installer but this one already automatically connected to my account and it worked.

Thanks again, this was driving me nuts!

Nadav1 did you try using that installer? I was skeptical at first too as it was only downloading another installer but that seemed to connect immediately.

stevenlewis
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Windows 10 desktop app user and Admin for a Team account. I've tried everything in this entire thread. I've got my team device limits to unlimited. I've tried removing 2-factor auth requirement, removing devices, etc. No matter what I do, once a user logs out of the app they cannot log back in and get the "Previous sign in interrupted" message over and over. I removed my connected mobile device trying to see if that would allow me to login on my desktop pp but that didn't work and now my mobile app won't let me login again either. This HAS to be a known issue by now with Dropbox. I have 3 users including myself right now that cannot use DB at all and this is killing our productivity as all of our project folders live in DB for our entire team. Can't be an IT issue on our side as not limited to a specific device, network, or even mobile or desktop app. 3 of us have called in with this issue multiple times in the past 2 weeks. We desperately need support!

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there @stevenlewis - thanks for flagging this with us.

Since you've already contacted our support team about this, could you share your ticket ID so that we can look it up in our system? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?