cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't log in "Previous sign-in interrupted" error

Can't log in "Previous sign-in interrupted" error

CaptainPablo
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

As it says above ... Can't log in "Previous sign-in interrupted" error.

Any help appreciated.

It's a business account if that makes any difference.

97 Replies 97

Deb R
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
It worked for me to take off the setting that enables beta access. Once I did that I was able to add my work account to the app and get both accounts in the finder .

igaming
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi @Nancy

Just tried that - no luck.

Message "You can't open the Dropbox app because it is not responding". Can't seem to attach a screenshot.

Stuck.

igaming
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

@Deb R thanks - as stated previously, this tab is already set to "off"

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @igaming, I'd like you to send us a screenshot of any error messages you might be getting.

You should be able to see a small camera icon, right above the reply box, after you click on "reply" under my message.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

igaming
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thanks @Hannah Screenshot 2023-10-11 at 14.00.14.pngScreenshot 2023-10-11 at 14.00.27.png

johnnybrav0
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I'm having the same issue with signing into the desktop app and getting the "Previous sign in interrupted" error.

I'm on Windows 10 v22H2. I just got a brand new laptop so the app has not been previously installed. Don't have this issue on my old laptop.

I've tried uninstallting and reinstalling the app. Cleared cache. Restarted the computer.

I've tried logging in using Chrome and Edge.

Early releases tab is turned off. 

eddierivera
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am getting the exact same error on Windows 10 Pro. Happens with chrome or Edge. Sign in on the web works just fine. I cannot get the app to complete the process. No early release enabled.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey guys, if you're still having this issue, can you please clear the cache of the browser that's opening when you're prompted to sign in and then try to sign in again.

Also, if you have any browser extensions from another tab/window, please temporarily disable those too.

Disabling any proxies, antivirus, firewalls, VPN, etc. might help as well, so please try that too. 

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

johnnybrav0
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

RESOLVED!

After numerous attempts I was finally able to log in. I completely cleared cache (making sure to close all browser tabs) and turned off all browser extensions. I then installed the software and tried logging into my personal account first rather than business account. That was successful. When I tried to log into my business account, I received an error that I already had dropbox on too many computers. So I had to log out of one of those before I could sign into the business account on the desktop app. I suspect that was the reason I couldn't log in previously. I had been focused on logging into the business account since that's what I primarily use. 

jkleinhoven
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I am having sync-issues on my MacBook for months; files added to dropbox offline are not longer synced to my online Dropbox. I have done over 10 reinstalls, cleared caches, tried 2 different browser and I am still not able to get a local Dropbox app installed. 

Need more support?